The USA Pro Challenge has been nominated by Cyclingnews as the World's Best Stage Race. Find out how to voice your support for America's Race.Learn More
Stage 5 will be a good day for two kinds of riders – sprinters and opportunists. A daunting 10 mile climb up Hoosier Pass to 11,500 feet makes for a rude awakening, but if the sprinters and breakaway specialists can make it over that, they have a good chance to go for a stage win. After the single summit of the day and a fast descent into Fairplay, the high mountains are left behind. Descending into Woodland Park, the racers may hit their fastest speeds of the week at the downhill Sprint Line, then continue downhill to Colorado Springs through the shadow of Pikes Peak. A technical uphill run through Garden of the Gods Park lets the cyclists revisit the roads of last year’s prologue before finishing with high-speed circuits through downtown Colorado Springs.
For Printable Version select Start or Finish image.
For highway closure and traveler information, visit www.cotrip.org.
For camping guidelines, visit www.fs.usda.gov/goto/r2/procycling2012.
Download: Stage 5 Spectator Guide
Download: Stage 5 Route Map
Download: Stage 5 Start Map
Download: Stage 5 Finish Map
Download: Stage 5 Profile
Download: Stage 5 Timetable
Here is what you CAN do.
- Watch the start in Breckenridge and make it to Colorado Springs for the finish by taking I-70 east to C470 and I-25 south.
- Watch on top of Hoosier Pass and head back to Breckenridge to watch the big screen.
- Watch the Sprint line in Woodland Park, possibly the fastest point on this year’s course.
Here is what you CANNOT do.
- Watch on top of Hoosier Pass and make it to Colorado Springs in time for finish
- Park along the course anywhere in Garden of the Gods.
- Hoosier Pass (11,541 ft)
- Woodland Park
During Race Week, TrainingPeaks brought you in-depth data and analysis from riders in the USA Pro Cycling Challenge.
See just how tough the climbs and stages were and check out the power, heart rate, speed, and elevation gain by rider.